St Peters, Stockbridge

St. Peters Parish Church is a light Victorian Gothic building commanding a central position in the High Street, with a lively and expanding congregation. The Church has been considerably enhanced in the past ten years, with a new inner roof and a complete rebuild of the Bishop Organ. There is a well defined coffee area, a children's corner and a second handbook corner with books on all subjects sold in aid of charity.

Open Dawn to Dusk

Services are held every Sunday and range from the traditional matins and evensong, Parish Communion to a more modern service. For details of our services please click below.


Old St Peters

At the East end of the High Street is situated the remains of a 12th Century Church known as old St. Peter's. Its features include a medieval oak door of 1354, some 16th Century murals and the Royal Coat of Arms of 1726. This church has also been considerably enhanced in recent years; the display of spring flowers in the churchyard attract many visitors.


Services are held every Sunday and range from the traditional matins and evensong, Parish Communion to a more modern service.


Longstock Church

The present St. Mary's Church was built in 1880 and it replaced a very ancient chalk walled building which was built 1830 -1837 . The Church is of flint structure and the North-west tower is an octagonal shingled broach spire. There are some mediaeval tiles behind the altar. The list of incumbents dates from the year 1315.


Please click below for details of Services at St Marys.


Leckford Church

Leckford church is dedicated to St Nicholas and has a little wooden bell tower which probably dates from the time of the Armada. At that time an Act of Parliament was passed ordering churches which did not have a tower to build one in order to give warning of invasion and the tower at Leckford was built in response to this Act. The choir stalls and sanctuary chairs are Italian and were purchased by somebody who was on holiday in Italy in 1923 and saved them from being destroyed. During the Reformation it was ordered that all stone altars should be destroyed and replaced by a wooden table. The stone altar at Leckford survived because it was buried in the floor of the church.

Please click below for details of services at St Nicholas